Pure Randomness!

Pure Randomness!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Stop! I will give you the password!

A friend of mine, who has been following my blog for some time now, complained recently that my blogs have become too girly now a days. Here comes one more girly one. The ones on which he has complained were on cooking, which were not really that girly, considering there are as many male cooks around as there are female ones, or more. But this one is going to a beauty parlour, can it get any more girly? Dedicated to you, Mr.

I go to the beauty parlour once in 6 months. I have established here already earlier that I am an extremely lazy person. Remember, my friends told me not getting my hairy arms waxed is sacrilegious to the very idea of being a woman? But I haven't started doing that yet. But on every fourth visit I decide to do a facial. That is every once in 2 years, see I have done the math for you.

I like the shoulder and upper back massage she gives me. May be next time I will just ask her to continue doing that for the whole one hour. But then she turns me over, starts chanting the name of all the concoctions and starts applying those on my face.
Torture weapon
Then comes the comedo extractor (I figured out the name of that recently). That is when I become the protector of the worst nuclear device. I am the only one with the password which can launch the device. The lady starts torturing me by trying to loop the extractor through my nose walls and lower lips. I grind my teeth and refuse to give the password. Arggghhhhh... She gives me a nasty look and continues. After the ordeal is over, I come out of the room huffing and puffing, when she looks at my upperlip and asks me, "Shall I thread?". Oh no! One more time I need to hold the password in. I am really surprised that that night I don't wake up shouting, "Stop! I will give you the password".

I get out of there swearing and promising myself that I am never ever going to put myself through this torture again, only to come back after 2 years trying to get the password out to those people who want to destroy the world!!

9 comments :

  1. :) All in the name of appearances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe a good one from a fellow sufferer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post..reminds me of a friend whom we had to d-r-a-g with us everytime we went waxing...On the other hand.. I love my time at the salon.. that pampering is so waited for by me.

    your newest follower and a regular reader now,
    glad to have found you at Indiblogger.
    cheers,
    Kajal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kajal :)
      Most of my friends enjoy their time... I just can't :(
      I did my eyebrows for the first time, the day I got engaged, just because my cousin wouldn't let me get engaged without that :)

      Delete
  4. Not getting my eye-brows done and not waxing my body doesn't make me non-woman but unfortunately sisters/friends just don't get it. Although I do shave/wax the arms/legs occasionally but I don't think it should me mandatory to do it. Just saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Elder married cousin returns from the parlor "threaded" and this what followed.

    Me: Why do you women have to go through all that ?

    Cousin: To look more appealing to our men.

    Me: But why? Isn't it painful?

    Cousin: Tomorrow, when you get married, let me see if you'll still be telling the same.

    Me: :-o

    ReplyDelete