Pure Randomness!

Pure Randomness!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And the award goes to.....


It is a funny feeling to get an award for blogging. I have seen a lot of the blogs I follow, having awards they have got posted on their blogs. I always thought of them as professional bloggers. I am just an amateur. I blog for the fun of it, nothing more, nothing less. But then I still got the Versatile Blogger from Malini Rajesh. Thank You so much Malini.
But then, this is kind of a chain award. Bloggers pass on this award to other bloggers. Now the disbeliever and the digger I am, I wanted to figure out who has started this award and how long it has been going on. I went searching in google and the earliest I could reach was May 16th 2010. The blog from which she has got the award had gone defunct and there the trail went cold. So, I decided to just play along.
There are rules too, to be followed for this chain to stay alive.
  1. Nominate 15 Fellow Bloggers
  2. Inform the Bloggers of their nomination
  3. Share 7 random things about yourself
  4. Thank the Blogger who nominated you
  5. Add the Versatile Blog Award picture to your blog post
So here is my list of 10 versatile bloggers, either I consider them versatile or their blog versatile or both.

1. Aparna of My Diverse Kitchen
2. Gayatri of Life. Unordinary
3. Anupama of Easel and Bytes
4. Divya of Easy Cooking
5. Janaki of Sincro Station
6. Priyanka of Slice of Life
7. Shaheen of The Purple Foodie
8. Nehal of Bibliophile
9. Nags of Edible Garden
10. Ria of Ria's collection
too lazy..

I found 10 versatile blogs and 5 of them are exclusive food blogs (versatile in their cooking, though). That must be telling something about me, burppp.

Now comes the hard stuff. 7 random things about me. Huh!
I asked Shyam to tell me 7 random facts about me and the first one went "You are weird" and then "You are straight forward". So I would rather make my own list, he is of no much help here.

1.When I start talking to some one new, sometimes I can go on talking for about 4 minutes before he or she cries, "you are a mallu".
2. When I go to a buffet meal, I first go check out the dessert counter to see how much starters or main course I should eat.
3. I have watched the movie "My cousin Winnie" 58 times.
4. The senior girls in my school used to call me 'half nut' and I still don't know why.
5. My favourite colour is lilac and so is half my wardrobe.
6. I love tattoos and getting tattooed, but... :(
7. I am the laziest person I have ever seen.

16 comments :

  1. Congratulations !!! I am sure many will follow. I too go check the dessert counter at buffets and brunches..and my all time favorite color is purple and everything associated with that color! Your newest follower and a regular visitor now.

    Cheers,
    Kajal@http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kajal :)
      Just checked out your blog and you indeed have a cool one..

      Delete
  2. Hey, Congratulations , and thanks for nominating my blog.
    Very sweet of you :-)

    have a nice day !
    Anupama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anupama. I am an ardent follower of your blog, indeed :)

      Delete
  3. LOVED the random things :)

    ARE you a Mallu?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just noticed that all the blogs have now changed from ".com" to ".in". Seems like google is preparing for monitoring the cyber space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, let us see where it goes.. it leaves me with a bad feeling though :(

      Delete
  5. Btw, point #2 also applies to me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot! for nominating me :)
    btw loved the weird random things, might try it out in my classroom..thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nenal, you are welcome :) I dint understand though how you would try the random things in your class room though!!

      Delete
  7. Oh PS: I am a Teach For India Fellow, hence the classroom reference...just can't help getting ideas from almost anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nehal, I know about your being a TFI fellow. Are you planning to get the kids to write 7 random things about themselves?

      Delete