Pure Randomness!

Pure Randomness!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mango Badam Smoothie


After I had a bout of stomach problem which didn't seem to subside even after the course of antibiotic I took, Shyam declared the next day to be a fruit diet day. We can only eat fruits and vegetables. I was a little apprehensive as I am used to eating 3-4 meals a day, stomach upset or not, and have never done any kind of dieting in which I have to skip meals. The next day after we finished eating the coconut dosa, he remembered about our fruit diet and the rest of the day was further declared as a fruit diet day. So when I got tired of eating papaya and mango, I decided to do something more than just eating cut fruits. I dint have my D90 charged, so I decided to take pictures with my mobile phone instead. I later realised how bad that idea was, you will realise too when see the pictures.  
I inaugurated my recently bought wine glasses by serving the smoothie in those. That was not a bad idea indeed.
Those cardamoms are from my garden, can you believe it :)

Recipe

Mango           - 1 medium sized (400gms), peeled and cut into pieces
(I used a Banganapalli)
Low fat milk   - 1 Cup, chilled
Sugar            - 1 tbsp
Cardamom     - 3
Almonds        - 15 small, blanched
Saffron          - a few strands (optional)

Grind the cardamoms together with the sugar. Add the almonds and make a paste by adding a tablespoonful of milk. Add the mangoes and a make a smooth paste by adding the milk half cup at a time. Pour or spoon them into goblets and sprinkle the saffron on top, if using.


The smoothie was licked out of the glasses. May be next time I will make it thinner and call it mango badam milkshake, that way there is no danger of broken wine glass in anybody's mouth.

2 comments :

  1. wow! the cardamoms are from your garden? how did you grow them? by seed or buying a plant? am inspired now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the plants from Wayanad. It was flowering for a long time, but started giving fruits last year. I got around 25-30 cardamoms last year :)

    ReplyDelete