Pure Randomness!

Pure Randomness!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions those were not meant to be!


It is another new year. Another resolution time. Long time back I have taken the mother of all resolutions that I will never make any new year resolutions. It had made life so much easier. But this year suddenly I felt like breaking the old resolution and making some new resolutions. What do I want to change! Hm, good question. Let me think.
1. Refurbish the house. I moved into my new house in 2003 December. May be it is time I furnish it properly, put up proper drapes, make the under the staircase aquarium. Phew! That indeed sounds like a lot of work. Let that wait.

2. I used to read a lot of books earlier. But it has fallen over the last couple of years. May be it is time I made sure I read at least 15 pages every day. That way I might finish all the books I have bought and kept in the next 4 to 5 years. Too much work? May be not. What if I ended up travelling again, can't commit. Let that wait too.

3. Too long since some wax has seen my legs and a thread has seen my eyebrows. My friends with whom I have traveled Europe have told me after seeing my hairy arms that, it is sacrilegious to being a woman to have hair on arms. Oops, I really didn't know that. May be I should start waxing my arms too. Ooh, that really sounds like too much work again.

4. Half my garden is empty. May be I should fill it up with some really beautiful flower plants. Ooh, too much work.

5. I should finish up the half finished painting, the half finished bead and thread works. Now you sort of get the point. Too much work.

6. Stay away from the laptop after reaching home. Really? Should I?

7. Exercise. It seems, this is the second most popular new year resolution. I am surprised, I thought this would be the most popular. Anyway, after my badminton partners have started showing "attitude", I have stopped playing regularly. It is not that I am bad, I do beat them once in a while, but then they are, you know, "men". There went the only exercise I could do without feeling I am exercising. Finding another one, again looks like TMW indeed.

8. Have a baby? TMW.
9. Start the school. TMW.
10. Dulce Cuppy Cakes? TMW.

I think, the lazy bum I am, is better off really just continuing how it is now. The mother of all resolutions will stay. May be let me go through 2012 like this itself and if the world doesn't end on December 21st, I will think up a list for 2013.
I always say "When the pain of not changing exceeds the pain of changing (read TMW), you will automatically change". 

6 comments :

  1. Easier thing I do ... Copy paste the same set of resolutions every year ;)

    BTW A very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haris, That's indeed another way of doing it :)
    Thanks and Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When the pain of not changing exceeds the pain of changing (read TMW), you will automatically change" -- mm thats a interesting way of saying it. If only you had free will to change, you can change! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha... at least you've started off on the liquid patraffin for those 'oh so smooth' arms and stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Param, I don't have any free will left :) and i am an extremely lazy person when it comes to my personal life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nani, after you made me caress your 'oh so smooth' arms, I didn't have a choice, did I?

    ReplyDelete