Pure Randomness!

Pure Randomness!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I loved my worries

I am a worrier. For being worried, I don't need impossible deadlines glaring at me or a bunch of 10 year olds who are 4 grade levels behind where they should be. I can worry my head off just by sitting at home cooking, gardening and generally whiling my time away.
But in these last few moments of being joyful in my joblessness I wonder about my worries from the last 2 months.
  • My house is still as disorganised as I had it 2 months back. My carefully prepared list of things to do to get it in order has gone missing inside the piles of papers which have been carefully collected by me and my husband over the last 11 years.
  • After scalding my wrist with molten caramel, almost cutting off a toe, burning and bruising myself at umpteen number of places on my hands and wrists, I might burn my house down while cooking.
  • How to get my caramel custard taste like heaven every time I make it and get everyone to say that it is gourmet dessert.
  • None of my flower seeds, including the ones which are preserved over 5-6 years, are germinating and my garden is still rather flowerless.
The best of all my worries:
  • My cardamom plants are flowering, but the fruits are not setting. May be I do not have enough bees in my garden for doing pollination.
But then tomorrow is altogether a different story. Who knows about tomorrow? Who knows what my worries are going to be from tomorrow!

4 comments :

  1. Send over some of your dessert!!! - Swagata

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Don't fret over being disorganized. Just call yourself as "I am disorganizingly organized person".
    2. Take a Fire Insurance on your house.
    3. The best way to preserve the taste of the caramel custard is to order it from outside. It never changes.
    4-5. Get some plastic flowers and plant them in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vinay: Thanks honey for the advice :) But my caramel custard most of the time is better than anything you would ever eat in a restaurant :)
    Swagata: Let me tellya, it is worth coming back for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally my cardamoms are fruiting, yayyy....

    ReplyDelete